Wednesday, December 3, 2008

'Twas a great week....

What a wonderful week we had! Heather was home 10 days for the Thanksgiving break. It was so nice to have her back home. The day before Thanksgiving, we spent at Concord Mills Outlet mall, a new tradition for us. Other than that, we did absolutely nothing. It was WONDERFUL! Friday morning, Lindsay and I woke at 5am and headed to the mall. Sadly, it was not crowded at all. Sadly, not for us, but for the store owners. We decorated our tree, watched movies, played lots of games, and relaxed.
Except for stockings, our Christmas shopping is now complete. We like to get done by the first of December so we can try and enjoy the days leading up to Christmas. With our Christmas performances at church, work and Sunday School parties, family visits, and other obligations, it makes for a very busy, yet enjoyable month.
Heather will return next Wednesday, December 10th for her Christmas break. She will be here until January 18th. Hard to believe her first semester at college is just about finished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of your girls!!!

robin schmitt said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time over Thanksgiving. We went to Todd's mom and dad's and had a very relaxing time as well. We worked jigsaw puzzles, played games, watched movies, skipped rocks, etc. It seemed weird to sit with my leg up while my mother-in-law cooked, but I sure enjoyed the good food.

Todd and I went Christmas shopping last week and I've ordered several things online. I have one more gift to get tonight and then I think I'll be done. Not bad for a temporary cripple. :) The Christmas letters are in the mail and we'll bake today and tomorrow to have goodies to share with our friends. We'll leave on Dec. 21 to spend Christmas in TN.