Well, we said our goodbyes to Scott's parents and they are now on the road making the 12-hour drive back to Florida.What a great 4 days we spent with them. It's always wonderful when they come visit! Dad and I started each morning at the dinette table enjoying our coffee and chatting about "life". That's become a tradition for us the past 21 years. Mom and I spent many hours in the kitchen...cooking, laughing, washing dishes, etc. Scott and his Dad tackled yet another home renovation. That's also become their tradition, although, I don't know how much fun that can be :-)
We were able to relax alot, play games, and, of course, eat! Mom and I, along with Heather and Lindsay, spent a few hours at the mall yesterday. Grandma wanted to take Heather birthday shopping and took us to lunch. It was a great day!
I always hate when they leave. When I tell people they are coming to stay for a while, they always ask "is that a good thing"? When I say "yes", they always look at me like I have two heads. I understand that the normal for most people is that they don't look forward to in-laws visiting.
Well, I am definitely in the minority. God has blessed me with not only the most awesome in-laws, but a special "Mom and Dad". Their greatest gift in life is their family.





1 comment:
I, too, am blessed with in-laws that I love and enjoy spending time with. We spent last week with Todd's grandparents, grandmother, sister, and nieces and nephews at a timeshare in TN. It was wonderful!
Post a Comment