Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Another Christmas...come and gone!

The house is quiet.
Mom and Karen left yesterday, Heather and Caleb are in Gatlinburg with his church teen group for a conference (Heather is a counselor), Lindsay has left to work at Chick-fil-A, Scott is at church, and I'm here at home taking down the Christmas decorations. Each year we make sure they are down before the New Year. Heather's birthday is January 3rd and we like to distinguish between the two.
As I took down the tree and all the ornaments, I was amazed at how many memories are hanging on that tree. No, my tree definitely would never win any awards, but it sure is a beautiful tree to me. Not because of the tree itself, but because each year (since 1986) we have purchased an ornament for Scott and I and the kids that has meant something significant to each one of us. Many of them are handmade by the kids and I have included some of my favorites:


This last ornament the kids made for us in 2003 and were so proud of it they wrapped it for us. They laugh hysterically now when they see it, but it means the world to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet...I love my homemade ornaments too!! That little angel of Caleb's must have been made at FUMC preschool. Kayla made one just like it!!

Love you!

Celia Jimenez said...

Kim-
I had SO much fun with both kids the last few days. I'm so glad Heather came...she was hysterical! And I had a blast hanging out with the freshman...Caleb, Andrew,Robbie, and Timmy kept me laughing so hard! Wish you could have seen them!!! Heather and Caleb called me Miss Celia all week...felt so respected! :-) Love your kids!! Tons!!!
PS Heather only told me a million times its her birthday!