Another year...actually just another day! I'm not a fan of new year's resolutions. Why should it take a new year to get myself straight? Why am I not already there?
Scott and I spent last night with friends, but only until about 10:30...we're getting too old to sit and watch a ball drop. We had already decided to come home early and spend some time alone, watching a movie and eating popcorn. The kids were at friend's houses and we knew it would give us a couple hours of uninterrupted time. It was quite nice.
One of the things we discussed yesterday was our relationship with the Lord...did we feel closer to him now than we did this time last year. My answer was a resounding "yes". Thankfully, I can say that! God continues to do a work in my heart. He continues refining me through His Word, through trials, and allowing me to see myself for who I really am. Some days, it's just not pretty!
The year of 2008 brought about many changes; Heather going off to college, Lindsay entering into her senior year, Caleb entering into high school, and finally feeling settled here in Charlotte.
I'm so thankful for another day, another day closer when He will call us all home. I can't wait for that day!
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
4 days ago





1 comment:
"finally settled here in Charlotte"...those are depressing words to me. Love you!!
Post a Comment