Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thankful...

Our church has been celebrating this week our debt retirement. We've had services each evening that will conclude tonight. Many, many years ago Calvary's church debt was 22.4 million dollars. Skeptics said we would never pay it off. Through God's faithfulness and the faithfulness of His people, the final payment was made this past December. Each evening, the microphones have been open to people who want to praise Him for His faithfulness and share what Calvary has meant to them.
I didn't go forward but as I sat in my pew with my family, I couldn't help but being so thankful for God's graciousness these past 18 months during our transition to Charlotte. The church has loved us, embraced us and made us a part of their family.
I am also so thankful for our kids. We uprooted them from the only church, school, and friends that they've known and not once have they rebelled, been angry, or questioned our move. It was much tougher for me than it was for them and I know that was the Lord answering so many prayers.
I'm so thankful that they've trusted us enough because they know that we've trusted in Him!

3 comments:

Celia Jimenez said...

Praise God He brought you guys here! I was actually making faces at you last night...but you were paying attention! :-) Love you!

Jana said...

What an accomplishment! AMEN!

robin schmitt said...

Great testimony to God's faithfulness!