We're on day two of our vacation and what a beautiful day it is here in Orlando. We arrived yesterday morning off an Amtrak train around 10:30. We traveled all night and except for freezing in the train, it was a great trip. We've purchased blankets here at a local Walmart for the train ride home :-)
Yesterday, we rested, read, swam in the pool and were just plain lazy! Today, we enjoyed a complimentary hot breakfast here at the hotel and at present, we are sitting at the pool enjoying each other's company before heading out to Sea World later this afternoon. I have even braved the sunshine and gotten in the pool. I wasn't sure why everyone put their sunglasses on when I got in. Scott put his book up to my legs and said that the pages in the book were darker than mine. Well, ha ha!
Last night, we visited First Baptist Orlando and had the privilege of seeing Christian comedian Ken Davis. The five of us laughed and laughed. He is so hilarious. But what makes him so amazing is his mix of comedy and his love for the Lord.
He honestly and openly shared with us his battle over depression, fear, worry. I felt like he was speaking directly to me...actually God was just reaffirming what He showed Scott and I this past week.
This past Tuesday night we were on our way to a friend's house for their son's college going away party. We pulled into the public library to talk and pray, feeling a deep urgency. God had been dealing with both of us over our obsession with selling our home, our fear of Caleb going to a public school that neither one of us have a peace about....
It was one of the sweetest times of our 22 years of marriage. God truly had broken us and we needed it! Scott cried out to God, pouring his heart out and God met us there...with much grace and mercy. We realized that we have done everything we possibly can to sell our house and get Caleb in another school district. But God continues to show us that for right now, it is not HIS timing! We don't understand but we were given such a peace that night. We have spoken with our realtor and shared with him that unless God's timing is to sell it by August 25th (the day public school will begin), we will be taking it off the market that same day.
What peace overwhelms us. God must want Caleb at that school for some reason and us in our home for such a time as this.
God used Ken Davis last night to reaffirm everything....just in case we hadn't gotten it :-) He shared a prayer that his 3 year old granddaughter prayed over him during some of the darkest days of his life..."Jesus, help grandpa to not worry, and let Grandpa see how very much You love him".
We are constantly reminded of just how much Christ loves us. When we are in the deepest of valleys, His love totally embraces us.
Well, I'm off to the pool to swim with my family...and maybe even bring home a tinge of color on this pale skin!
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (August 3-9)
19 hours ago





5 comments:
Glad to hear you guys are having a good vacation. We've only seen Ken Davis on video, but we love him! Glad to hear you and Scott are resting in God and trusting Him. There's no better way to have peace.
I LOVE the Vail family! Kim, thanks for sharing your heart.
I love you...it is posts like this that remind me how much I miss you. I wish we were still in the same town so we could talk these things out. We've been reduced to text messages and phone calls. Oh well, only a few more weeks, and I'll see you. CAN'T WAIT
Oh, Kim, I was in this same place, exactly one year ago. Zachary was heading off to middle school, Jacob was starting Kindergarten, and Abbie would be moving schools. I wasn't at all happy with the schools, and had searched all summer for a new place to rent. I truly felt that was God's plan, too. But it wasn't happening.
Finally, I prayed, just as you did. I told the Lord that I knew He loves my kids even more than I do, and that He must have a plan for them to be at those schools. I completely surrendered to His will. That SAME day, I received a notice that our landlord was giving us 3 months to move out! God DID want us to move! Two hours later, I found this wonderful house on Craigslist, and three days after that we had a new lease!!! Even with no visible means of support, and all that we have been through over the past two years, God made a way and my kids are in the awesome schools we had prayed for.
So I will be praying and watching with you what God will do! (Your vacation looks wonderful, by the way!!!) Blessings!
Ah, Kim...we are partners in crime! :-) Loved the transparency and vulnerability! God draws near to the broken hearted!!! He will honor your surrendered hearts to Him. Love you guys so very much! Life would not be the same without you...FOR SURE!!!
Post a Comment