Friday, November 21, 2008

7 more hours...

That's the text I just received from Heather. That's because that's how many more hours until she drives in the driveway. It's been a long 7 weeks, but we finally get to see her and spend the next 9 days with her. She'll be bringing Lindsay home with her. Lindsay traveled up to Liberty yesterday morning with her best friend and spent the night with Heather last night.
It will be an enjoyable week with lots of family time, putting up our Christmas tree, shopping, and watching It's a Wonderful Life. That's been our tradition for many years...watching that movie while putting up our tree. My heart was crushed several years ago when Scott, Heather, and Caleb told me they only watched the movie because it meant alot to me; they could take it or leave it (preferably to leave it). Isn't that sad, I mean, who doesn't like It's a Wonderful Life? Lindsay is happy to watch it with me, but I think Heather told her Dad that she wanted them to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas....pityful!
Oh well, we'll see what happens. Remember, if mama ain't happy, nobody's happy. I'm sure we'll all be watching my movie :-)

4 comments:

robin schmitt said...

Especially if you're still as spoiled as you used to be. :) We always eat popcorn while we put up our Christmas tree. Sometimes we watch something, sometimes we listen to Christmas music for the first time that season, but popcorn is a must!

I hope you guys have a great time with Heather at home. This will be our last Thanksgiving with Taylor for awhile. Next year at this time he'll be at Parris Island, SC for recruit training for the marines and we have no idea where he'll be after that. :(

Anonymous said...

hey at least we were honest with you...but seriously charlie brown is WAY better than it's a wonderful life (gag me) me and dad WILL be watching charlie brown...wanna know why...cuz while i'm home....it's all about ME!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

I LOVE "It's a wonderful Life"...but Charlie Brown is great too!!! There's plenty of time for both, right? have a great time with heather. I sure do miss you at this time of year!!

Zoe said...

Kim,
Enjoy every minute of your sweet family, not matter what movie you watch.

I hope your family time on Wednesday will be filled with lots of memory making opportunities.

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving. We DO have A LOT to be grateful for this year.

I'm most grateful for you my sweet friend.