Caleb's varsity soccer team finished first in the conference, second in the tournament. It was a sad night this past Tuesday. It was 0-0 until 4 minutes remaining. That's when we scored!, only to have the #2 seeded team score 30 seconds later. They ended up having two overtimes and the game was decided on a shoot out. It was a sad way for our guys to lose. They are now seeded #5 in the state and will play the #12 team tonight. Then they are off to Raleigh on Tuesday to play...well, we don't know who right now. All depends on the outcomes from tonight's games.
Lindsay had the game of her life last night. Her volleyball team was #3 in their conference. They began their conference tournament last night against the #2 seed that has beat them 6 games in a row this season. Our girls were determined to win last night and that is exactly what they did. They beat them 3 straight games! It was so exciting. They made it to the finals where they lost to the #1 seed, Statesville Christian. We were expecting them to lose (I know that's sad to say, but we were playing the team that won the National title last year) but we were praying they could win just one game...but it wasn't in the cards, although they came close 21-25.
Lindsay received the 1st Team All-Conference award and the All Tournament award.
It's been a great season but it's coming to a close. They will go to the playoffs next week and if they win those games, we will be traveling to Wilson for Caleb's game and Goldsboro for Lindsay's.
Another chapter is completed...the end of the sports seasons for Lindsay. After years and years of cheering her on...okay, I'll close for now :-)





4 comments:
Ugh...I am so sad I missed ALL of Lindsay's games!!! I can't believe it. I'm sure she told you that I got on her case...I asked her back in August to give me a schedule so I could make it to some of them. But I am so proud of her and I'm sure you're just bursting! She's such a sweetheart! (And Eddie seems quite comfortable at reGeneration now...he came right up to me last night and gave me a hug and started talking like we were old buddies! :-) Love you!!!
Wow...time is flying. Congratulations to Lindsay and Caleb!!! They better win next week...last year was a disappointment when ya'll didn't come. Love and miss you!
LOVE the new look!
Sounds like exciting times around the Vail house. : )
Your new layout is really pretty.
Hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment