Monday, October 6, 2008

Antioxidants, fiber, and protein...oh my!

Well, it's time...time to get healthy. Notice I didn't say 'lose weight'. I gave that up a long time ago. This has been my life and I have only one person to blame...ME! I've been working out, eating healthier foods, and refusing to obsess over the scales (in fact, I don't even go there...to the scales, I mean. That's just asking for depression :-)
My dear friend, Dana, has given me a delicious recipe for homemade bread that is extremely healthy (using the breadmaker) and my sweet friend and co-worker, Zoe, blessed me with a great gift...a hot tea maker. For those of you who know me, you will know how much I enjoy green tea, and now my new favorite, white tea. Well, this little gadget allows me to get the real thing (it actually looks like a weed). Oh my, it is so delicious. And talk about healthy...
Here are some of the health benefits: White tea is the least processed tea, so it is very high in antioxidants. Studies show that antioxidants in white teas help to reduce the risk of cancer, particularly lung, colon, and skin cancer; antioxidants in white tea also strengthen your immune system and help with metabolism. Also excellent for hydration which acts naturally to reduce the signs of aging (fine lines and wrinkles). I'm sold!!!
Two weeks ago, Scott and I went on a date and he followed me along to Teavana at South Park Mall. I was like a kid in a candy store, sipping every tea possible. We had THE BEST time. Well, I guess Scott did...he acted like it anyway.
Feel free to check back with me in a couple of weeks to see how I'm doing...you know how much I love that accountability thing :-)

3 comments:

Dana said...

If our wrinkles and age spots will disappear I'd drink this tea by the gallon. Guess we will have to stick with the other healthy benefits.
: ^ (
Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

I love Teavana! I suppose buying those teas isn't as healthy as your actual tea maker??

Anonymous said...

But what about your fun new coffee maker?? If you need us to "keep" it at our house for awhile I think we could manage! :-) Hee hee!!!
love you!
celia