Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weekend with my peeps...

What a great weekend I had. Three of my best friends from Wilson came to visit me. We had such a wonderful time. We watched the olympics, went shopping, had coffee, and laughed...oh my, did we laugh!
It felt like I had never left Wilson. I've learned over the past year that with true friends, it doesn't matter how often you get to talk or see each other, that you can just pick up right where you left off. And what perfect timing, they planned this particular weekend to be here for me after having dropped Heather off at college. They were very proud of me for how well I was doing.
Tears were shed today after they left but I'm so grateful that God has blessed me with such great friends...in Wilson and here in Charlotte!
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 "Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are SO right...it does feel like you never left - until I get home!! I miss you tremendously. I hope those folks in Charlotte appreciate you. Thank you for a wonderful weekend!! You are loved so much more than you'll ever know!