Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hair today...Gone...today!

Well, the kids are back. The girls had a great time in Florida together. Caleb loved church camp and many decisions were made. Last night as we were headed to bed, I told Scott to look...Look at the counter, look at the kitchen, look at the laundry room. Things were so neat and tidy while they were gone. I did one little load of laundry and only ran the dishwasher once. Last night looked as though a hurricane had come through. Dishes everywhere, 6 loads (yes, 6) of laundry piled in the laundry room, food, and oh yes, friends. As we headed home from the airport picking up the girls, they were sweet enough to hug us and tell us they missed us, before reeling off the long list of plans this week. "So and so is coming over tomorrow, I'm having lunch with this friend on this day, and oh, we've invited 12 of our friends over on Friday night...okay?" Heather proceeded to list the restaurants she wanted us to take her to this week and reminded us over and over, while laughing, of course, that "this week should be all about her". Scott said "and what makes this week different than any other week the past 18 years?"

Today has been spent running errands and watching Heather begin to pack up her room for college (that's been depressing). And then, the thing I've been looking forward to for several weeks...Caleb's haircut. We told him he could have his hair longer during the summer only. "All guys have it long now, mom. I asked the girls at camp this week should I get my hair cut and they all said 'NO'!" Well, gee, I'm going to change my mind because a bunch of girls like his hair long.

Off we went to Great Clips this morning and boy, he was soooooo excited (I say that with much sarcasm). He said she could cut the back and sides as short as she wanted to, but asked to keep his bangs a little below his eye brows so he can still "swoop" them over. What does "swoop" mean anyway? All in all, he was actually happy with the outcome. I long once again for the little boy who used to love a buzz cut.

Life at the Vail house is definitely back to normal!

Before....

After...


2 comments:

robin schmitt said...

Never a dull moment with 3 teenagers in the house, is there?! : ) My kids are all at drama camp this week. It's local, so they're home at night to sleep, but that's about it. They're gone about 13 hours a day and will be in a Peter Pan play on Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to the next 3 evenings alone with Todd. : )

Zoe said...

Kim,
Glad your nest is full again. Caleb looks thrilled to be sporting a new shorter "do". What a cutie pie.
Enjoy your last few days with Heather.
Sure do miss you!!
Thanks for working for me,
Zoe