Thursday, July 17, 2008

Empty Nest?

Well, not really...but some days it feels like it. With the kids schedules, working, babysitting, etc. it leaves alot of available "Scott and me" time. It's been wonderful! We've had two mini-dates already this week. No cooking in the Vail household! Tuesday night, the girls were working and Caleb was babysitting for a couple in our Sunday School class, so we went to Jason's Deli and had a bowl of soup and a complimentary icecream cone (my favorite part). Last night, Caleb was away overnight and the girls were working. With no Wed. night church in the summer, we took advantage of our alone time and went to Chick-fil-A (yes, we are the last of the big spenders). Well, I decided that I wanted a picture for my blog, so I decided to take it myself. After several failed pictures and me laughing hysterically a worker came over and said "um, would you like me to take your picture". I'm sure this embarrassed Scott, but not me one bit...just gave me more to laugh at. You know it doesn't take much!

Anyway, I say all that to say this: your children will be gone one day (sadly to say for us, that "day" is only 4 years away), so don't forget who was there before you had those precious children. Yes, "your husband"!!!!! That's who your marriage started with and who it will end with. Take a minute today out of your busy schedule to get on your knees and thank God for that wonderful man He's blessed you with. And hey, why don't you try thanking your husband too!

4 comments:

robin schmitt said...

Thanks for the good reminder, Kim. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, too. Even if he's not the "love champ" like Scott. :)

I think you should post some of the pictures you took yourself in addition to the one the CfA employee took for you. Share the laughs with the rest of us. :)

suzanne robards said...

Wow! Your comments are great! God is truly using you Kim!! I am calling James at the office right now! (: Suzanne Robards

Zoe said...

Kim,
I'm so proud of you, your blog is not only beautiful it's already ministering to all who stop by.
Keep up the great work.
We're leaving for the family reunion in an hour; I'll see you Monday!!

Zoe

Jana said...

Hi,Kim! I came over from Dana's blog to check out your blog! I'm so glad I did! I love the music!!!