Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ah, the joys of summer...

Yes, besides vacationing, this is how our summer has been spent. A revolving front door, kids in and out. I've made more brownies and chocolate chip cookies than you can imagine. Some nights we'll have 12-15 kids here, other nights just a handful. It's been constant and I'm thankful. Thankful that they enjoy hanging out here, rather than out doing something they shouldn't be doing. Jumping on the trampoline, playing the Wii, card games, or as you can see in the video, some of them enjoy playing volleyball. Last night, I thought I was dreaming, Lindsay gets home from work at 11:00, Scott and I are drifting off to sleep (a mom can't go to sleep until the children are safe in the door :-) and I look out the window to not only see Lindsay's car come in the driveway, but two more cars...at 11pm!!!!! The curfew to be out the door is midnight, so hopefully that was the case...I was way too tired to check; thank goodness we have a sound-proofed rec room!
The summer break will be ending soon and everybody will be back to school. I've enjoyed having a full house but I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine! Unfortunately, Scott and I are the only ones looking forward to that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha... that was funny when i got off work at 11 and 2 of my friends decided to come too.. at least r friends like to come over and no ones scared to come over even when it's really late :)