Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thanks, Mrs. "Wii"

Well, it's time to get busy today! I've stepped up on our Wii board about three times in the last two months (isn't that sad?) only to hear everytime, "You are overweight". That's just what I want to hear. This new Wii Fit is incredible. Somehow it manages to weigh me, calculate my BMI, and plan a training schedule for me. You choose a "mii" that looks like you and go from there (I've yet to find a "mii" with wide hips and thighs). You can jog, hula hoop, do balancing exercises, aerobics, etc. Gee, doesn't that sound fun? Unfortunately, that's as far as I've gotten. That lady ticks me off so bad everytime I step on, that I step right off. The kids bought it and they have loved it. Well, I guess so...they don't have to be humiliated everytime they step on the dumb thing.

Well, today is a new day. For the past two months, I've climbed out of bed and headed out to the sidewalks to walk one hour every morning. I feel much better but need to be doing more...need to keep my heart in shape. So after I cut the grass this morning, I'm going to climb back up on that board to hear what that lady has to say and set up my training.

Please pray that the kids don't come home today and find that Wii shattered into a million pieces!


4 comments:

robin schmitt said...

I can relate. My exercise has been very sporatic for the last two years. Good intentions just don't seem to translate into action nearly often enough. I have plenty of excuses, but they don't strengthen my heart, lungs, or muscles. I'm getting over a bug, so maybe tomorrow... :)

Zoe said...

Kim,
Girlfriend you should be doing stand-up comedy. Seriously you crack me up!!!!!

Don't you just want to spit everytime you step on the Wii board and that little annoying voice says "It's been days since you've worked out."
I think you and I should bring the Wii to work and have a hoola-hoop contest. On second thought, that might distract the clients.
Love you,
Zoe

Anonymous said...

Oh...too funny!!! She really says "You're overweight"? maybe I don't want one after all!! Good for you for walking, though! I'm waiting till it cools off a bit. Always an excuse, right? I sure miss walking with you! I won't go so far as to say I miss getting up at 4:50 to go to the gym though...I'd have only done that for you...you morning person!!!

Love you!
Amy

Anonymous said...

I took my first "Cardio Funk" class at the Y this evening with Andre, a super hip black dancer. I looked in the mirror at "you are overweight" shaking her hips and trying to be hip hop (me). That wasn't any fun, either!
Hi Kim's friends! I know you miss her, but we here in Charlotte are thankful that our paths have crossed.