Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kitchen Cures for Gorgeous hair!

Doesn't the title make you interested? Well, it did me, and if you know me well enough, you know I'm a sucker for doing whatever I can to help this hair. It looks like wire. Okay, it's gray...LOTS of gray!! And they're sprouting from everywhere. Well, I saw this article using products you have in your own kitchen that promise to:
  1. Make your damaged hair smooth and silky.
  2. Make your dry hair frizz-free and shiny.
  3. Revitalize your hair color with tea!

I'm in! And I'm going to try these with my girls (they are always guinea pigs when I'm trying something new :) I thought, "I'm sure my friends would like this information too"...so here goes:

  • Damaged hair to smooth and silky hair: Remove the pit from one very ripe avocado and mash the flesh; Add 1/2 tsp. olive oil and whip until smooth; Before you shampoo, mist your hair with water to get it slightly damp, then work the avocado mask into your hair with a comb; Wrap hair in plastic and relax for at least half an hour; Remove plastic, rinse hair and wash as usual. (yields 1 application)
  • Dry hair to frizz-free and shiny hair: Whisk one egg until frothy; Blend in 1/2 cup plain yogurt and 2 Tbs. olive oil; Apply to damp hair and scalp in small sections; Leave on hair for at least 15 minutes. Shampoo and condition as usual (1 application).
  • Revitalizing your hair color: Brew 2 or 3 tea bags steeped for 10 minutes. Use black tea if you're a brunette, hibiscus tea if you're a redhead or chamomile tea if you're a blonde (no reference to the type of tea for gray hair, so I'll opt for the chamomile tea :); Allow the tea to cool. Pour the liquid over dry hair (so it can absorb the most pigment), comb through for even distribution, then leave on for about 20 minutes; Shampoo and condition as usual (1 application).

Oh yes, I will be trying these! You may want to wait for my post updating how these turn out....in case I end up bald!

No comments: