Sunday, May 9, 2010

23 years and Mother's Day all in one...


Today I celebrate 23 years of marriage to my best friend. I am one blessed woman!
Scott, thank you for loving me and for asking me to marry you so many years ago. You are truly a gift...my best gift!

Also, I celebrate Mother's Day today as so many of you. My day was made as I sat in choir today and looked out as all 3 of my children walked to their seats. I could not contain the tears. Beginning with my oldest, Heather. She now attends another church, so I loved seeing her beautiful face. And Lindsay was to have been at college this weekend studying for her upcoming final exam tomorrow. We had told her it would be best to stay there since she was coming home tomorrow (Monday) for the summer. I was regretting that decision this morning as I longed to have all my children with me today. She left UNCG early this morning to surprise me at church and have lunch with me and will be heading back in about an hour.

As I sat in choir this morning, looking out at my family, I realized what gifts God has given me. It's been a perfect day.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you! What a privilege God has given all of us to raise such miracles.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Unless you got married when you were 10, I'm not buying the whole 23 years thing. Happy Anniversary & Mother's Day!

Julie - Pizzagalli

Sarah said...

i tell grady all the time it will be really strange when i've been married to him longer than when i was without him. when we hit 23 years together - i'll have been with him longer than alone. YAY for you and scott and a beautiful marriage. God has blessed you with a partnership made in heaven. and, my jaw dropped when lindsey told me she came to charlotte for a total of about 4 hours too. you've got good kids, kim!

Celia Jimenez said...

Happy happy Anniversary, sweet friends! Hope you are having a BLAST right about now! :-) Jay and I were thinking about you last night...hoping you got there safely! Happy Mother's Day too...glad Lindsey was there to make it special! Love you guys!!!

Jenny said...

Happy Mother's day Kim---and Happy Anniversary!!!