
In trying to eat much healthier, I am searching constantly for recipes and cooking healthier meals. I'm so excited for dinner tonight.
Chinese Sweet-and-Sour Chicken (in the crock pot):
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 T soy sauce
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 T preminced oil-packed garlic
- 1 T ground ginger
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used 5 frozen chicken breasts, cooked and diced)
- 1 cup chopped tri-color bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced baby carrots
Coat the inside of crock pot with cooking spray.
- Drain the pineapple and set aside, reserving 1 cup of juice. In the crock pot, combine the sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic, ginger, and reserved pineapple juice. Whisk until smooth. Add the chicken, peppers, onion, and carrots. Stir to coat with sauce. Cover and cook on the low-heat setting for 5-6 hours. Stir in the reserved pineapple. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the pineapple is heated.
- Pour over cooked, brown rice.
Now what could be better than crock pot cooking (well, except for a Reeses cup). I've have already test-tasted this and it is absolutely delicious! Side note: I did double the sauce recipe because I know that brown rice has the tendency to soak up all the juice.
Only took 10 minutes to prepare!
Nutrition: (6-servings)
- per serving: 335 calories; 11.5 g fat; 28 carbs; 30 g protein





1 comment:
i am ALL about my crockpot... can't wait to give this recipe a try!
Post a Comment