Several weeks ago in our Sunday School class, Scott spoke to us about how we treat others. Do we judge others? Are we encouraging? Do we take time to visit with others when they are in need? When we're standing in the Walmart line and it's just about our turn to check out, a price check is needed....then how do you react? If you are cut off in traffic, do you immediately lay on your horn, or do you just smile and keep on driving.
(side note: I used to be a "horn blower"...until I moved to Charlotte. Alot of impatient people leave here in this city and I'm learning to be much more patient. I've never heard so many horns in one town. If you sit at a traffic light for more than 1 second after it has just turned green, you're gonna get beeped at. It has become one of my biggest irritants. I'm thinking, "come on people...relax...smile...slow down").
So, how do you "do unto others"? Then he brought it close to home...and how do you "do unto your spouse"? If your husband or wife forgets something, if they spill something, break something...how do you react? Do we automatically think the worst? How is your tone of voice with your spouse? We were reminded that we should treat our spouses just as we would like to be treated. We should treat our spouses better than we treat anyone else.
It's made me more aware of my "tone", my facial expressions, my sarcasm (ouch), that I use so often with my husband. I think I'm doing better.
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (August 3-9)
19 hours ago





1 comment:
Thanks Kim, I needed that reminder! Why are we the hardest on (or the ugliest to) the ones we love the most?! We are working on learning Eph 4:29 as a family!
Post a Comment