Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My favorite time of year....

Fall is here! The air conditioner is off and the windows are open...well, they would be if I had screens. I love this time of year! My favorite place is sitting out on my porch...just me, my Bible and my cup of coffee. Each morning, that time allows, that's where you'll find me.
After reading my friend's blog this morning about 'quiet days', I thought "that is so me"...I love quiet (let me reiterate that I'm NOT quiet, I ENJOY quiet). My husband and kids get in the car and the first thing they do is cut on the music. It drives me crazy. When I'm with my family, I prefer to talk (I'm thinking now that's probably why they cut on the music :-)
Have you ever tried to turn off the music...the TV...and just listen? It's wonderful. That's the only way I can hear God's still, soft voice.

"Be still and know that I am God".

2 comments:

robin schmitt said...

I love this time of year as well. I'm sure Scott and your kids don't turn on the music to drown out your talking. :) The older I get, the more I value quiet time. I do really enjoy good Christian music sometimes, but I like quite times to think and pray as well.

Anonymous said...

i completely know what you mean about the quiet...well not the music part..lol I love sitting in my dorm while my roomie isn't here and just doing homework when it's all quiet..it's so relaxing...of course i have music playing but it's ok...i love you!!!