Wednesday, February 1, 2012

God, your grace DOES amaze me!

Grace: God giving me what I do not deserve! Mercy: God withholding from me what I DO deserve!

The first time I ever heard this song was when our Pastor of Worship at our previous church sang it. I remember when he got to the tag line..."It's deeper, it's wider", tears began streaming from his face. Then he had our sextet sing it a few times; one of those times being one of our last Sunday's at that church before God would move us here to Charlotte. So, you see, it has special meaning to me. Because we sang it? No, because if you look deeply into the words, it reminds us that we serve a Faithful God. One so faithful that loves us despite of our sins. THE One who forgives daily, over and over and over again - continually offering us His grace!

I basically am extended His grace the minute my feet hit the floor in the morning. I'm extended His grace everytime my mouth opens and something pops out that isn't very loving. For every time I promise God that I will allow Him to comfort me instead of food, and fail once again.
I'm extended God's grace everytime that my husband has forgiven me. His grace does overwhelm me because of His great love for me, I get to spend eternity with Him!

My faithful Father, enduring Friend
Your tender mercy’s like a river with no end
It overwhelms me, covers my sin
Each time I come into Your presence I stand in wonder once again

Your grace still amazes me

Your love is still a mystery
Each day I fall on my knees
Your grace still amazes me
‘Cause Your grace still amazes me

Oh, patient Saviour, You make me whole

You are the Author and the Healer of my soul
What can I give You, Lord, what can I say
I know there’s no way to repay You
Only to offer You my praise

Your grace still amazes me
Your love is still a mystery
Each day I fall on my knees
Your grace still amazes me
‘Cause Your grace still amazes me


It’s deeper, it’s wider It’s stronger, it’s higher

It’s deeper it’s wider It’s stronger, it’s higher
than anything my eyes can see

No comments: