Saturday, January 28, 2012

A precious gift....

January 28, 1962! Yes, that was 50 years ago. AND that was the day my husband, Scott, was born!

The definition of a gift: Something given to show favor toward someone; definition of precious: something of great value. This is exactly what my husband is to me: a precious gift! This is the best way I know to describe him. Besides the fact that he is my very dearest best friend, he is a precious gift to me.





Here he is the day I met him. It was at a church volleyball game with the singles' class. I saw him and thought "oh be still my heart!" But what got me the most was at the end of the evening, he was asked to close in prayer. That did it people! I was hooked; fish, line and sinker. I thought, "he will be mine". I'll have to share that story in about 4 months...when we celebrate 25 years of marriage.



But today we celebrate his 50th birthday! God has truly blessed me and my children more than we ever could have imagined. I can honestly say that since I have known Scott, he has NEVER put one thing ahead of his family...except for his time with the Lord! What a blessing. Honey, we celebrate you today and this weekend. We thank God for you. What a big year 2012 is: We celebrate your 50th, our older daughter graduates from college, our middle turns 21, our "baby" turns 18 and heads off to college, and you and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage together (Hawaii, here we come). And all because God blessed me more than I could ever have imagined in Feb. 1986...the day He introduced me to you.I love you more today than yesterday and I thank God that I get to spend every day with you. I look forward to celebrating 50 more birthdays with you :)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, this is a beautiful post, Kim! A very, very Happy Birthday to Scott! Hope that you all have a great time celebrating this momentous birthday!! And I can't wait to hear more about the story of how you met & God brought you together! What a blessing you both are to all who know you!

Celia Jimenez said...

Precious, precious, precious! Happy happy happy (late) birthday to a wonderful, man of God! We are so thankful you are a part of our lives, Scott Vail! We are blessed by your example in ministry, in marriage, and in parenting! Hope you two do have a wonderful fifty years more...(or less please if we are raptured!!!!!) :-)