This past week we spent our 3rd annual vacation at Myrtle Beach. Our family thinks this was THE BEST vacation ever...I would have to agree! It was nothing fancy...didn't spend any money (except on groceries and Krispy Kremes :)... but played lots of games, laughed, swam, and even "went to church". I think that was the highlight for me.
The past 3 years this is the one vacation where we let our kids each take a friend. 8 of us in a 2-bedroom condo...and we love it! For the first time in quite a long time, I actually got in the sun...stayed in the sun for more than 5 minutes. I boogie-boarded, played volleyball in the pool (attempted to play), played bocci ball, walked on the beach...all with my Neutrogena 100 SPF. And the greatest thing...you would never be able to tell I went to the beach!
We stayed from Thursday evening through Tuesday evening. Sunday morning we all woke up and had our own church service...right in our condo. Scott did a devotion on being a person of our word; having integrity; letting our "yes be yes" and our "no be no". Then several of us prayed. It was a very special time.
We're already looking forward to next summer...
The past 3 years this is the one vacation where we let our kids each take a friend. 8 of us in a 2-bedroom condo...and we love it! For the first time in quite a long time, I actually got in the sun...stayed in the sun for more than 5 minutes. I boogie-boarded, played volleyball in the pool (attempted to play), played bocci ball, walked on the beach...all with my Neutrogena 100 SPF. And the greatest thing...you would never be able to tell I went to the beach!
We stayed from Thursday evening through Tuesday evening. Sunday morning we all woke up and had our own church service...right in our condo. Scott did a devotion on being a person of our word; having integrity; letting our "yes be yes" and our "no be no". Then several of us prayed. It was a very special time.
We're already looking forward to next summer...
(Our George Washington hairdos)







3 comments:
SO HAPPY you had a great family vacation! I'm almost ready to giv emy right arm for some time at the beach. :) Your family is beautiful and I'm happy Scott seemed to endure... hope he's doing okay. And, YAY for you for the SPF 100!
Glad you had a fun time!! Love the hair :-)! Weren't you sad that I wasn't there???
Looooove the pics!!! So glad you all had fun!!! (: Atilla
Post a Comment