Isaiah 47:8,10 "Therefore hear this now, you who are given to pleasures, who dwell securely, who say in your heart, 'I am, and there is no one else besides me'. For you have trusted in your wickedness; You have said, 'No one sees me'; Your wisdom and your knowledge have warped you; and you have said in your heart, 'I am, and there is no one else besides me.'"
Convicting? You have no idea. I finally have the privilege of attending a bible study class at church on Tuesday mornings and this semester I have chosen to study the book of Daniel. I have no idea what awaits me, but I've already caught a glimpse early on. We're already learning the parallels between Babylon and our generation (Daniel 1:3-4)...self-absorption, seeking pleasure for what pleases us, money, power, beauty...me, me, me!
It breaks my heart. And it really breaks when I realize that I'm no different. God isn't concerned about my wrinkles (my fault from past sun worshipping), my cellulite (my fault from self-indulgence...by the way, Beth Moore, said that they make jeans now that have a special material to make cellulite disappear as you wear them...believe me, there is no amount of material...), anything that is outward...the things the world notices. What He is extremely concerned with is my heart! And that is something I CAN do something about. Staying on my knees, being aware of what I see, what I watch, what I read, what I say...pleasing Him.
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting".
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
4 days ago





4 comments:
That is such a great study! I am so glad you can do Bible study (and spend your afternoons baking cookies)! Blessings!!
No no no no no....not without me!!! :-) Okay, well, as long as you teach me EVERYTHING you learn! I actually am thinking I might do it online...hm, we'll see!
Thank you Kim, you always seem to write just what God wants me to hear! How wrapped up we can become in the ways of this world, all to easily!
It was great chatting with you on Saturday, so glad I had a friend! Have a blessed week!
Great study! Enjoy the recipe. Miss You. Are we ever going to work together?
Post a Comment