Monday, April 20, 2009

Las Vegas....

We vacationed in Las Vegas last week. What a great time we had! I have never had a desire to visit there and years ago, my reasons would seem obvious! We've heard from many that Vegas is one of their favorite vacation spots. I didn't quite understand but now I do. It has become extremely family friendly and nothing like I expected. They have really cleaned up their act.
We were blessed with a time-share unit given to us for the week. We walked, we walked, and we walked. Went in just about every hotel, which was amazing in itself. The kids rode on a roller coaster that shot out of a resort...Scott and I chose to watch :-)
Our favorite sight was the "fountains of Bellagio"...that was amazing. It was choreographed to the music from Lee Greenwood "God Bless the USA". That was a beautiful sight.We are back to reality and looking forward to the summer break. Another school year will end in less than 5 weeks and we now prepare for child #2 to graduate.

1 comment:

robin schmitt said...

Hmmm...when I first saw that you vacationed in Las Vegas, I thought, "Why in the world would they do that?" I hadn't heard that things have changed in Vegas. I'm glad they have and glad you guys had a great vacation together! Our #2 is graduating three weeks from today. It's hard to believe our kids have grown up so fast. Family time is more precious than ever with the realization that Taylor will be leaving for the Marines in a few months.