Heather cooked her first full meal last night and let me say...it was easy, quick and DELICIOUS! She made lasagna, a salad, rolls, and dessert. It was heaven. All I did was sit back and enjoy my rest :-) I did want to share her lasagna and dessert recipe with you. If you have kids who want to cook or if you only have a minute to prepare, these are the recipes for you. Enjoy!
Oh, on a side note...Lindsay did get accepted to UNC Greensboro. We will travel there next Tuesday to meet with her admissions counselor. I know my best friend is loving the idea of one of our kids attending a UNC school (it's not Chapel Hill, but I know she thinks it's the next best thing)...Go Spartans!!!
Lasagna
1-15 oz. ricotta cheese
2 Tblsp. parmesan cheese
1 tsp. italian seasoning
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce...(she also used 1/2 of another jar)
8 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 bag (16 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese (4 cups)
The recipe did not call for any meat. She added 1 lb. ground turkey, browned and drained to the spaghetti sauce.
Heat oven to 350. Put the RICOTTA CHEESE, PARMESAN CHEESE and ITALIAN SEASONING in the bowl. Stir with spoon until mixed. Spoon 1 cup of the SPAGHETTI SAUCE evenly over bottom of a 13x9" pan. Top with 4 LASAGNA NOODLES. Spread 1 cup of the ricotta cheese mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with 1 cup of MOZZARELLA CHEESE. Spread 1 cup sauce over cheese. Make more layers with 4 lasagna noodles, the rest of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup spaghetti sauce (this is where she used more sauce). Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 40 minutes.
Puddle-of-fudge cake
1 egg
1 pouch (10.25 oz.) fudge brownie mix
3 Tblsp. oil
3 Tblsp. water
1 box (4-serving size) chocolate fudge pudding mix (not instant)
2 cups very hot water
vanilla ice cream, optional (this is not optional in our house :-)
Heat oven to 400. Crack the EGG on side of the casserole dish. Add the dry BROWNIE MIX, OIL and 3 tblsp. WATER to egg. Stir with spoon until well mixed. Put the dry PUDDING MIX and very HOT WATER in the medium bowl. Stir with spoon until mixed. Carefully pour pudding mixture over brownie batter in casserole dish.
Bake 30 minutes. Serve warm with ICE CREAM.
These recipes were found in the Betty Crocker's Kids Cookbook.
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (August 3-9)
19 hours ago





3 comments:
Both recipes sound delicious! I'll have to try them soon.
Yep...never thought I'd see the day that one of your kids went to a school that started with a UNC!!! I think it's great! Love you all and miss you tons!!!
Hey friend,
These look so yummy. I've missed seeing your sweet face at the office today. :-( DId you pop into the office at O dark thirty today or what?
See you Monday,
Z
Post a Comment