Monday, October 24, 2011

I made it up myself....

Do you have only 10 minutes to prepare dinner, yet an afternoon for it to simmer?

With this cold weather coming, I LOVE to make soups! Could eat them everynight.
One day last week, I had all of about 10 minutes to get dinner together. Craving soup, my desire for that day was Chicken Vegetable (love that). Well, 10 minutes doesn't give you time to boil a chicken for several hours. So here's what I did:

1-48 oz 100% natural Swanson Chicken Broth
1-46 oz V8 Tomato juice (use 1/2)
2 cups water
4 lbs frozen mixed vegetables
2 T italian seasoning (at least that's how much it looked like when I sprinkled it in :)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 Rotisserie chicken (already cooked from grocery store deli)

Bring broth and juice to a boil in a very large soup pot. Add vegetables and seasonings. Cut up chicken and add. Let simmer 3 hours. Voila!!!!!

It is absolutely delicious and super healthy. Okay, I'm sure this recipe is out there somewhere and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out..but hey, I did!!!! And I'm making it again...as we speak!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I also LOVE soups, especially at this time of year! AND I have a rotisserie chicken in my fridge, SO I will be making your soup this week, thanks for sharing your recipe! Sounds really delicious! (Did you use frozen vegetables or fresh?)
And thanks for your sweet comment about Sophie during choir! Blessings!