Thursday, June 17, 2010

Workout with Atilla!

About 3 weeks ago, I mentioned to a very sweet friend that I needed to get back to the Y and begin working out again. Well, that sure was a mistake...or was it? Definitely not a mistake! I need to lose these last 8 pounds (yes, I know...in a previous post, it was only 5).

This friend isn't big as a minute, but has a heart as huge as gold. Sweet doesn't even describe how sweet she is. But she's brutal ya'll! At first, we met at the Y on Saturday mornings...now it's Monday, Wednesday, AND Saturday.

The first time I met her there, we started out on the treadmill. After my 30 minutes, I said "where do we go next?" She said in her little sweet voice, "next? Girl, you need to put 30 more minutes on that thing". Great! I knew I was in for pure torture. And we don't just walk on the treadmill. No! We mix running with it. Okay, for those who know me...really know me...you will know that my heart was not made for running...but I'm finding out that it needs to be. Well, yesterday, I clocked in 25 minutes of running mixed in to my 60 minutes on the treadmill. And is the treadmill it? Oh no, we do squats, lunges, weights, push ups, planks (what fool came up with those things...the first night after I did 12 of those, I told Scott I thought I was having a heart attack because my chest hurt so bad). This is the exact night I named her Atilla! She doesn't let up. We met tonight for a Gentle yoga stretching class. It was amazing! I felt like butter when I left there. That did wonders for these achy, aging bones of mine.

Well, we shall see what happens (so far, I'm down 2 of my final 8). I'm determined...and she's not gonna give up on me. I just LOVE friends like that....I think :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! YOU are too sweet! I'm sooooo proud of you!!! Keep "planking and praying" and I'll keep cheering you on!!! You are a JOY and a BLESSING to work out with!! (:

Terri said...

I need your friend, or a friend like her!!! I am praying for a nearby walking (maybe running)accountability partner. I loved hearing your sweet voice in worship this morning!!!!!!!! It was all so good today. Blessings!!!

Amy T. said...

Oh come on....you didn't like my accountability strategy??? "Now, what did you eat today?....Good!!!" So funny! We definitely were no help to one another in that department. Love you!!

robin schmitt said...

Hmmm...I think I need a friend like that, Kim. I am still struggling with inconsistency in a few areas--including exercise. Maybe tomorrow... :)