Our middle daughter, Lindsay, a freshman at UNC Greensboro, just contacted me to give me some news. She said that the college is giving everyone a Valentines gift today. Out on the streets of the campus, they are giving each student a gift bag...filled with candy...and condoms. Lindsay could not believe it! And neither could I. I shouldn't have been surprised. After all, the motto at secular schools is if you're gonna have sex, at least make it safe.It's a sad world we live in. Some parents would say "we need to let our kids make their own choices...if they're gonna drink or have sex, I'd much rather it be in our house".
Oh my word, are you kidding me? It breaks my heart. It's so sad that people, when attending a wedding, are shocked to find out that the bride has saved herself for her groom...no matter how long they've dated. I attended a wedding last May of a dear friend's son. He and his bride, our "adopted" daughter dated 6 years.....6 years!! What made the wedding so special was knowing that they had vowed purity until their wedding day. What a special wedding that was! I look forward to the day that our two girls walk the aisle and their Dad presents them to their husband, knowing they've saved themselves just for him. And the same with our son...giving himself only to his wife.
I'm so thankful (and that's an understatement) that all three of our kids have made this vow to purity. They know that we pray for them everyday and this is one of the areas included in our prayer time.
Don't forget to pray for your kids every day. The world is doing all it can to destroy them.





3 comments:
Oh, how sad. I spent 13 years working at a secular campus, so I know that even worse is promoted. I am definitely burdened to pray for my kids!!! Thanks for being a wonderful example. Blessings!
Thanks Kim for this wonderful & encouraging reminder! I also am burdened to pray for my kids' purity and their protection in this deteriorating world.
Definitely live in a sick, fallen world! What a blessing for your kids to have parents that are actively involved in their lives!!! And...that they are so grounded before they go out into this world!
Post a Comment