is it my Vita-Mix? My Keurig? My hot-air popper? I'm a sucker for inventions, and I've got a few of the great ones!
Some sweet friends introduced me to the Keurig coffee maker about a year and a half ago. I was instantly hooked. I was given a Visa gift card from my boss around the same time to buy something special. Great timing! I was online and ordering :) Each morning I can just pop my little K-cup (the individual coffees) into my machine and viola...perfectly brewed coffee for one. It's perfect because my husband doesn't drink the stuff, so I can make just enough for me. I love all the flavors. At http://www.keurig.com/ I can order whatever flavor of coffee you can imagine (and there are hundreds). If only I could get a referral fee, I'd be rich, because many of my friends have now ordered this wonderful machine.
And what can I say about my Vita-Mix? Oh my...one of the greatest machines ever invented. It's a blender that I cannot even describe. If you stop by in the morning, you're sure to hear it running. It's healthy eating at its best! Each morning, I make Scott and I fruit and veggie smoothies. Two of our favorites: 1) Carrot juice - water, whole apple (peeling, core and all), orange, chunk of fresh pineapple, 3 carrots. Just drop it all in, blend for 60 seconds and enjoy! 2) Green smoothie - green grapes, pineapple, banana, water, lime wedge, and fill the blender with fresh spinach. Blend for 60 seconds and enjoy! Oh my, it is deeee-lish!I'm trying to make more and more with this sweet blender. I make peanut butter.....just drop in 3 cups of honey roasted peanuts...blend for 60 seconds and enjoy! No additives, preservatives, high fructose corn syrup...none of that! Just healthy eating. You can make basically any meal in minutes. Every recipe is healthy. You can make your own wheat flour, applesauce, anything you can imagine. And let me tell you about desserts....homemade strawberry icecream (1 lb bag frozen strawberries, 1 cup fat free half-and-half, 1 cup ice....instant icecream); and Shrek icecream (1 cup Welch's 100% white grape juice, 1 banana, 1 lime wedge and 2 cups spinach...looks like green sorbet and delicious). 1000's of recipes...http://www.vita-mix.com/
For a person who struggles with weight, it's been a life-saver. Since September, I've dropped 17 pounds, with only 5 more remaining to lose. I wish I could contribute it all to my vita-mix and exercise, but I can't. I've simply cut back on snacking and eating healthier....taking it one day at a time and not obsessing over it; looking to the Lord for my comfort rather than food!





3 comments:
Oooohhhhhhhh.... I SO want a Vita-Mix!!! My mom gave us a juicer, but it separates the juice from the fiber. We saw the Vita-Mix demo'd at Costco and it makes so much more sense. As for the Keurig... I am too much of a bargain hunter to go for buying all those individual little cups. Congratulations on the weight loss!! That is awesome!!! Blessings!
I am SOOOOOOO proud of you, friend! And I must say, you look TERRIFIC!!! Love you!
I, too, have seen the Vita-Mix demo'd at Costco & think it looks wonderful! But it was one of those things that I wondered if I would really use enough to make it worth the expense...sounds like you can do SO much with it though! We use our regular blender a lot & love to make smoothies, etc...so I am going to give some serious thought to the Vita-Mix. Thanks for the recipe ideas! The home-made peanut butter sounds great, how is the texture?
Post a Comment