Scott arrived safely yesterday in Nigeria. This week he will do the same as he did in Liberia...teaching and training the pastors. He was due to arrive on Saturday evening, but his flight was cancelled at the last minute. He found that out when he reached his layover in Lagos, Nigeria. A sweet couple put him up for the night and made him dinner when he arrived...chicken! I know he was so grateful and indeed blessed by their hospitality but I'm sure if he never has chicken again, he will be okay with that :)
He arrived safely at his hotel and was ready for a warm shower. Warm shower means you go down to the front desk and get a bucket that they fill with warm water and give you a ladel to pour over you. He had no towels in his room so he also asked for towels to which they replied, "we don't have towels here". I have not even been on this trip with Scott, yet I have been so convicted at the things I take for granted...even my towels!
He will finish up Friday afternoon, so I was able to contact his airline and get him a flight out late that evening. That means he will arrive back in Charlotte this Saturday morning...two days earlier than expected!
The e-mail he sent me last night ended with him letting me know that with everything he has experienced these past two weeks, He has seen the grace of God at work.
I can't wait to hear all about it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Our time in Bolivia in 1998 was also very eye-opening. We are so very spoiled in the USA.
Post a Comment