Scott and I had dinner last night with some very sweet friends. It was such an uplifting evening as we laughed, ate, and discussed "life".One of our topics was savings money. Whenever that topic comes up, Scott's ears perk right up. Last night's topic was coupons. Let me tell you, this friend of mine has got it together. I'm afraid I'm going to be hooked now and anxiously await tonight to get busy. She's the first person I know that gets groceries for free, gets rebate checks in the mail on a monthly basis that would purchase a week's worth of groceries for my family, and sometimes leaves the store with them owing her money! Wow! I was all ears...and Scott was excited! I was amazed at what a good steward she is of her money (and her husband's, of course).
She shared several websites with me:
redplum.com
coupons.com
couponmom.com
moneysavingmom.com....just to name a few.
With two in college now, I need to get busy on these savings. She also shared with me that Harris Teeter is doubling coupons tomorrow up to $1.98. I couldn't wait to go home last night and dig out all my coupons.
Our family is going on vacation in August, and I'm hoping to be able to pay for the entire trip just with my coupon savings...and make my husband a happy, happy man!





5 comments:
I am pretty serious about my couponing, but I don't do as well as your friend! I also stick to Harris Teeter and Costco. But the Lord has definitely been blessing my shopping over the past several months. About 6 weeks ago I rolled a full cart of groceries out of Harris Teeter... grand total $7! I wanted to cry or hug the check out clerk, or both!!! I was praising God. Best of all, I had my children with me, and could share with them how God IS providing for us!!! Isaiah 55 says, "come, you with no money, come buy and eat"! We are living those words, let me tell you! I will look forward to any wisdom you can pass along. Blessings!
I've been getting slack lately with my coupons...I guess I need to get back with it, huh???
My sister just told me about this site:
http://mommyswishlist.blogspot.com/
So much free stuff! We love coupons!
We also enjoyed our dinner together and I knew you would get hooked once you found out how much you could save! Anytime you want another "course" in couponing or saving money just let me know, I love sharing great deals!!
Love,
Jessica <><
I knew this post HAD to be about Jessica Mullen...when I am even near her I save money! Just by being around her! :-)
Miss you, girl! Heard you and Sarah are having fun w/the Tuesday night Catch Phrase games! Next time I'm gonna crash the party!!!
Love you!
Post a Comment