Friday, March 13, 2009

Day with Grandma...

Last Sunday morning I was able to go to Goldsboro to see my nephew in the production of Beauty and the Beast. This is his senior year and last production...for now! I was blown away at the talent of these kids. I would rank it right up there with the Disneyworld production I saw years ago. Andrew is my sister, Karen's son. He played the role of Beast. It was amazing and I'm so glad I was able to go. From there, my sister and I went to Virginia to visit with my grandma. What a highlight that was for me! We went over to her home and spent the entire day on Monday with her. The excitement on her face when we walked in and surprised her was worth the entire trip. We sat on her bed talking and laughing. Our sister, Kristi, was able to join us for several hours also. She's the one who taught me to cook, sew, and crochet...not that I do any of those now except cook! What a precious grandma she's been!

2 comments:

robin schmitt said...

So glad you had that precious time with your sisters and grandma. You are blessed.

Celia Jimenez said...

Well, if you were gonna do at least one of those three things...I'm glad you still cook! :-) And boy, can you cook, girl!!!!